American Express cardholders who "tap and pay" New York cabbies with their Isis Mobile Wallet will get 50 percent back on their taxi fare.
The new offer from Isis announced Wednesday runs through June 1 of this year, and AmEx cardholders can get up to $100 cash back from the NYC Yellow Medallion Taxicab rides in the Big Apple. (AmEx cardholders already have the option to pay NYC cabs with their rewards points.) The offer is part of a slew of promotions that Isis is offering to "demonstrate the value of mobile wallets," according to the company.
Here are the other offers from Isis:
- Wells Fargo cardholders get $20 off the first time they "tap to pay" and another 20 percent back on all purchases made with the Isis Mobile Wallet, up to $100 in statement credits each month.
- Isis Mobile Wallet users get $10 off any Toys R Us purchase of $50 or more.
- American Express Serve cardholders receive $1 back every time they "tap to pay" with the Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Isis Mobile Wallet users get a free 12-ounce smoothie or juice every time they "tap to pay" at Jamba Juice.
- Isis Mobile Wallet users get their first three Coke drinks free when they "tap to pay" with My Coke Rewards at participating vending machines.
The Isis Mobile Wallet stores virtual versions of participating prepaid, debit or credit cards, along with coupons and store loyalty cards. Consumers simply tap their phone at checkout terminals equipped to take contactless payments, eliminating the need to pull out their payment cards to complete a transaction.
The mobile wallet went national in November 2013 after a limited rollout in Salt Lake City and Austin, Texas, lasted for more than a year.
Have you tried a mobile wallet? Do you think mobile wallets will catch on?
Follow me on Twitter: @JannaHerron.