Dad may be coveting a hot new sports car or a luxury sedan for Father's Day, but practicality means dads across the U.S. are behind the wheel of much more common cars. It's probably a good thing, too, since these cars mean a much lower monthly payment on a car loan and lower car insurance rates.
Automotive information site TrueCar.com analyzed data from men with children to determine the 10 Most Popular Cars for Dads. Unlike most lists that highlight the cars dad would like to drive, this list looked at what dad actually does drive.
Honda had four cars on the top 10 list. The three best-selling large pickups -- the Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150 and Ram 1500 Pickup -- were the only domestic vehicles in the top 10.
The complete list of the Top 10 Popular Cars for Dads:
- 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD Ext Cab 143.5" LS
- 2012 Honda Accord Sedan 4dr I4 Auto EX-L
- 2012 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan 2.0T Auto SE
- 2012 Honda Odyssey 5dr EX
- 2012 Ford F-150 2WD SuperCab 145" XLT
- 2012 Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Auto EX
- 2012 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan I4 Auto SE
- 2012 Honda Pilot 2WD 4dr EX
- 2012 Ram 1500 Pickup 2WD Reg Cab 120.5" ST
- 2012 Toyota Sienna 5dr 8-Pass Van V6 XLE FWD
Tara Baukus Mello writes the cars blog as well as the weekly Driving for Dollars column, providing both practical financial advice for consumers as well as insight into the latest developments in the automotive world. Follow her on Facebook here or on Twitter @SheDrives.