The best financial apps for Android phones
Auto Loan Calculator by Xinify Networks Apps (free): This app is fast and compact and has some nice features.
- It calculates both loan and lease payments.
- It gives you the flexibility to calculate several kinds of loans using different variables.
- If you have all the purchase information, it gives you the effect of a cash rebate.
Auto Loan Calculator & Rates by Bankrate.com (free): Bankrate's app allows you to find a car, shop financing and get an insurance quote all in one place.
- It doesn't have all the detail that is needed to determine the all-in cost of a car purchase, but it gives you access to all types of information to make a good decision.
- Works best on phones with larger screens.
Karl's Mortgage Calculator by DrCalculator.com (free): This app is simple, to the point and easy to read.
- It can calculate payments on fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loans.
- It features a simple amortization schedule that can adjust for extra payments of principal.
- If you want to get fancy, you can upgrade to their professional app.