1 of 11
Look beyond the sticker price
Not all colleges are created equal.
Sure, you can get a college degree at thousands of colleges. But which colleges are the best value?
To find that out, Bankrate looked at colleges with a minimum of 250 new students enrolled each year. Then, we evaluated colleges based on 2 criteria:
- Yield: The percentage of students who enrolled after being offered admission. A higher yield means more of the accepted students enrolled. It can be a sign of a more desirable college.
- Net price: The difference between the total cost of attendance and gift aid. Gift aid consists of money, such as grants and scholarships, that doesn’t have to be earned or repaid. The net price can be a sign of a lower-cost college or a college that has a generous financial aid policy. The colleges on this list have a net price under $10,000 for families with adjusted gross incomes of $48,001 to $75,000.
The following are the best value colleges in America.
RATE SEARCH: Are you saving money for retirement? Check out the CD rates today at Bankrate.com
2 of 11
- Location: Berea, Kentucky
- Enrollment: 1,600
- Tuition: None
3 of 11
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Enrollment: 21,000
- Tuition: $43,280
4 of 11
New Mexico Military Institute
- Location: Roswell, New Mexico
- Enrollment: 1,000
- Tuition: $1,681 (for state residents)
RATE SEARCH: Are you saving for college? Check out the savings rates today at Bankrate.com.
5 of 11
Mississippi Valley State University
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi
- Enrollment: 2,100
- Tuition: $6,096
6 of 11
- Location: Princeton, New Jersey
- Enrollment: 7,946
- Tuition: $45,320
7 of 11
- Location: Stanford, California
- Enrollment: 16,122
- Tuition: $45,729
RATE SEARCH: Looking to add solar panels to your house? Check out the home equity rates today at Bankrate.com.
8 of 11
University of Texas — Pan American
- Location: Edinburg, Texas
- Enrollment: 20,053
- Tuition: $6,134
9 of 11
- Location: New Haven, Connecticut
- Enrollment: 12,312
- Tuition: $49,480
10 of 11
Georgia Perimeter College
- Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
- Enrollment: 21,000
- Tuition: $2,726
11 of 11
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Enrollment: 900
- Tuition: $3,800