2014 high-yield checking: Worthington Federal Bank
Worthington Federal Bank in Huntsville, Alabama, offers a low annual percentage yield on its Kasasa Cash account, with a balance cap of $15,000. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Worthington Federal Bank
Location: Huntsville, AL
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 0.99%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $15,000|
- Kasasa Cash: Available to residents of northern Alabama within bank's footprint.
- Either one direct deposit or automatic payment required per month.
- Must access online banking once per month and receive e-statements.
- Foreign ATM fees reimbursed up to $4.99 per transaction.
- For ATM fees in excess of $5, the receipt must be presented for reimbursement.
- Balance above $15,000 yields 0.25%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.