2014 high-yield checking: West Texas National Bank
West Texas National Bank of Midland, Texas, offers 1.26 percent annual percentage yield on its Ultimate Checking, with a high balance cap. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
West Texas National Bank
Location: Midland, TX
|Nationally offered? Y||APY: 1.26%||APY if conditions not met: 0.10%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $25,000|
- Ultimate Checking: Available nationally.
- Either one direct deposit, automatic debit or bill payment per month is required.
- E-statements and log in to online banking monthly are required.
- ATM fees reimbursed up to $20 per month.
- Balance above $25,000 yields 0.25%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.