2014 high-yield checking: The State Bank of Toledo
The State Bank of Toledo of Toledo, Iowa, offers only 1 percent annual percentage yield on its Hometown Rewards Checking, but it has a high balance cap. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
State Bank of Toledo
Location: Toledo, IA
|Nationally offered? Y||APY: 1%||APY if conditions not met: 0.15%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $25,000|
- Hometown Rewards Checking: Available nationally.
- Either one direct deposit or auto debit is required monthly.
- Log in to online banking once per banking cycle and receive e-statements.
- ATM fees reimbursed up to $25 per month.
- Balance above $25,000 earns 0.15%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.