2014 high-yield checking: Premier Valley Bank
Premier Valley Bank of Fresno, California, offers a low 0.31 percent annual percentage yield but has a high balance cap. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Premier Valley Bank
Location: Fresno, CA
|Nationally offered? Y*||APY: 0.31%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $25,000|
- Premier Rewards Checking: Available nationally, but must be opened in person.
- Either one direct deposit or automatic payment per month is required.
- Must receive e-statements and log in to online banking once per month.
- All foreign ATM fees reimbursed.
- Rate for balance above $25,000 yields 0.07%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.