2014 high-yield checking: Ouachita Independent Bank
Ouachita Independent Bank in Monroe, Louisiana, offers a 3.01 percent annual percentage yield on its OIB Reward Checking, but it's available only in Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Ouachita Independent Bank
Location: Monroe, LA
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 3.01%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 12||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $15,000|
- OIB Rewards Checking: Available only to residents of Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Either one direct deposit or automatic payment required monthly.
- Must receive e-statements.
- All foreign ATM fees reimbursed.
- Balance above $15,000 yields 0.25%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.