2014 high-yield checking: Hanmi Bank
Hanmi Bank in Los Angeles offers a low annual percentage yield on its Bonus Checking, with a balance cap of $24,999.99. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Location: Los Angeles
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 0.20%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $24,999.99|
- Bonus Checking: Available only in California.
- Either one direct deposit or automatic debit required per month.
- Must enroll in e-statements.
- You get 10 ATM refunds of up to $4.99 per month.
- Balance of $25,000 or more yields 0.07%.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.