2014 high-yield checking: First Tech FCU
First Tech Federal Credit Union in Mountain View, California, offers Dividend Rewards Checking, with a midrange annual percentage yield and a relatively low account balance to earn it. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
First Tech FCU
Location: Mountain View, CA
|Nationally offered? Y||APY: 1.58%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 12||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $10,000|
- Dividend Rewards Checking: Available nationally.
- Membership requires a $5 deposit into Membership Savings and $5 to Financial Fitness Associates.
- Either one direct deposit or automatic withdrawal is required per month.
- Debit purchases must be PIN transactions.
- Balance above $10,000 yields 0.16%, if qualifications are met.
- ATM refund: Unlimited, if qualifications are met.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.