2014 high-yield checking: Cross Keys Bank
Cross Keys Bank in St. Joseph, Louisiana, offers Rewards Checking, with an annual percentage yield that's better than average, but account holders must open the account in a branch. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Cross Keys Bank
Location: St. Joseph, LA
|Nationally offered? Y*||APY: 2.05%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 12||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $10,000|
- Gold Key Rewards Checking: Available nationally, but you must open the account in a branch.
- Either one direct deposit or auto debit required per month.
- E-statements required and you must enroll and log in to online banking.
- Balance above $10,000 earns 0.35%, if requirements are met.
- ATM refund: Up to $25 per statement cycle, if requirements are met.
- Bill-pay fee: $5 per month, if requirements are not met. Bill pay is not required on this account.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.