2014 high-yield checking: Cambridge Savings Bank
Massachusetts-based Cambridge Savings Bank's SuperSmart Checking has a below-average annual percentage yield, but it can be earned on a higher-than average balance. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Cambridge Savings Bank
Location: Cambridge, MA
|Nationally offered? N||APY: 0.75%||APY if conditions not met: 0%||Monthly debit transactions required: 10||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? N||Direct deposit required? Y||Balance cap: $25,000|
- SuperSmart Checking: Only available to New England residents, depending on where they live or work.
- Ten non-ATM debit transactions per month and direct deposit are required.
- Balance above $25,000 yields 0.05%, if requirements are met.
- ATM refund: Unlimited per statement cycle, regardless of requirements.
- No interest is paid for the statement cycle, if requirements aren't met.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.