2014 high-yield checking: Advantage Plus FCU
Pocatello, Idaho-based Advantage Plus Federal Credit Union offers Free Reward Checking with an annual percentage yield of 1.25 percent if certain conditions are met. Bankrate's 2014 High-Yield Checking Survey breaks down the returns you can get with each account and the hoops you'll have to jump through to get them.
Advantage Plus FCU
Location: Pocatello, ID
|Nationally offered? Y*||APY: 1.25%||APY if conditions not met: 0.05%||Monthly debit transactions required: 12||Bill pay or automatic withdrawal required? Y*||Direct deposit required? Y*||Balance cap: $15,000|
- FREE Rewards Checking: Available nationally only if a family member is already a member (Bannock, Caribou, Power, Bear Lake county ID).
- At least one automatic payment, direct deposit or bill pay transaction post and settle per month are required.
- Access online banking, receive and review e-statements.
- ATM refunds: Up to $25 per statement cycle, if requirements are met.
- ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursement on an individual fee of $5 or higher.
- Balance above $15,000 yields 0.38%, if requirements are met.
*See notes section for more details.
Bankrate.com canvassed banks, thrifts and credit unions March 10-13 and reports data on 56 high-yield checking accounts offered by 54 institutions.