10 strategies for long-distance care giving
1. Get organized: Keep important information in a
2. Identify your informal
travel alternatives to see if you can "care commute."
4. Discuss legal and financial issues with your loved
one such as the will, powers of attorney, trusts, etc.
5. Locate all legal, financial and insurance documents
and other important papers; identify all bank accounts and sources
of income and obligations. Document everything.
6. Tap into the aging network.
Develop a care plan.
8. Adjust your plan as needed.
Explore relocation issues.
10. Take care of yourself.
Caregiving: A Survival Guide for Far Away Caregivers" by