Checklist: After the dust
made it -- the worst is over. Well, at least the moving van
is gone. You, your family and all of your earthly possessions
have officially relocated. Depending on your energy and your
resolve there are a few days, a few weeks -- or maybe a few
months of unpacking ahead.
And, just to make sure you're even more productive,
here's a list of other things that need to get done in between
- Check with the motor vehicle department about
getting a driver's license and registering vehicles.
- Check with the city about getting pets licensed.
- Voter registration -- many states allow people
to do this by mail or through the motor vehicle department.
- Check the location of your local hospital,
police and fire stations.
- Transfer or establish new insurance policies
for vehicles and home.
- Find a bank.
- Let the post office know you've arrived,
check for forwarded mail.
- Arrange for trash/recycling collection.
- Subscribe to a local newspaper.
--Posted: Oct. 15, 1999