Employment Opportunities in Bankrate Insurance
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Bankrate Insurance is the leading online comparison shopping and lead generation solution for the insurance industry. Bankrate Insurance is committed to creating innovative, best in class solutions for our end-customers and insurance partners.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and/or a link to portfolio with your responses to email@example.com.
The product manager will provide vision, prioritization, direction & requirements for their own dedicated feature team. Our product and technology organization works in an agile environment and this person must have strong prioritization and communication skills.
This is a hands-on role that will leverage smart thinking, creative ideas, trust-building, and substantial personal influence to achieve success. Success at BRI requires enthusiasm, assertiveness, creativity, dynamism, entrepreneurial flair, flexibility, resilience and most importantly a desire to truly challenge the norm.
- Understand the product vision from the end-user perspective and evaluate various and creative approaches to implement solutions. Responsible for the requirements gathering, envisioning, implementation and maintenance of multiple features at once.
- Gather product needs from various stakeholders, translating their needs into sound requirements while explaining the benefits and risks of various implementation approaches.
- Coordinate, negotiate and prioritize backlog for your feature team while understanding the business priorities and communicating the timing of requests to multiple stakeholders.
- Own the execution and maintenance of a 12 month product pipeline, ensuring to coordinate efforts across other feature teams where dependencies exist
- Identify risks throughout the agile sprint cycles for feature deployment, offer creative solutions to mitigate the risk, and escalate in a timely manner.
- Identify and ensure implementation of product success criteria, articulate results and take next actions for further feature improvement
Soft Skills / Personal Attributes:
- BS or BA degree
- Agile experience a plus
- SQL Skills a plus
- Technically and analytically astute. Experience with e-commerce or technically-oriented organizations a plus.
- Extremely organized and self-driven a must
- Thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment with a track record of initiative, and the ability to multitask
- Mature judgment and solid communication/interpersonal skills
- 3-5 years experience in product management
Principal Systems Engineer
Bankrate Insurance (BRI) is seeking a seasoned Principal Systems Engineer (PSE) to join our Technology Operations team. You will partner with a team of skilled engineers and administrators building and managing BRIís multiple, geographically diverse datacenter and corporate environments. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations.
- Provide technical leadership for the Technical Operations Team
- Install, configure, and support Cisco UCS Blade/Rack and HP Blade/Rack Servers.
- Install, configure, and support Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/R2 and Redhat Linux 5/6 Operating Systems.
- Configure and support Microsoft Active Directory, DFS, and other environments.
- Install, configure, and support EMC VNX/VNXe, Dell EqualLogic, and HP 3Par Storage and Storage Area Networks (Brocade/Cisco).
- Install, configure, and support VMWare ESX+/VCenter/VCloud Director 5.X environments.
- Support and troubleshoot Brocade, Cisco, F5, and Juniper network environments.
- Configure and support Microsoft Exchange email systems.
- Create and administer automation scripts for systems maintenance, monitoring/alerting, and software releases.
- On a rotational basis, support off hour production systems problem resolution.
- Enjoy yourself, support your team, and continuously improve your skills.
Soft Skills / Personal Attributes:
- BS/BA or operational experience equivalent.
- Ten plus years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Thrives in results oriented, flexible, performance environments.
- Strong communication skills and team collaborator.
- Demonstrable hardware installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrable Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/R2 and Active Directory skills.
- Demonstrable Redhat/Linux Enterprise skills.
- Demonstrable (basic/mid) network (Brocade, Cisco, F5, Juniper) configuration/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrable (basic/mid) SAN configuration/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrable ESX 5.X and VCenter configuration/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrable Microsoft Exchange configuration/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of software components and operations.
- Demonstrable scripting (powershell, shell, or other) experience.
- Cisco UCS experience a plus.
- Cisco, F5, EMC/VMware, Microsoft, or Redhat certifications a plus.
- HP SiteScope or VMWare Hyperic experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of e-commerce business operations.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Bankrate Insurance is the leading online comparison shopping and lead generation solution for the insurance industry. Bankrate Insurance is committed to creating innovative, best in class solutions for our end-customers and insurance partners. We are currently searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer.
This position is responsible for devising, maintaining and executing appropriate quality assurance systems to ensure delivery of reliable software.
- Design tests that mitigate risk. Tests include: functional, integration, user interface, regression, exploratory, load, stress, and performance testing.
- Lead the agile project team on the design and implementation of the testing strategy. Engage all team members to deliver correct and reliable features.
- Create test plans, test cases, and report test results for all features of the product using JIRA and Confluence.
- Create, execute, and maintain automated tests using Selenium, SpecFlow, NUnit, and SQL. Your goal will be to automate as much of the testing as possible.
- Analyze software defects to ascertain source and nature of defects.
- Write clear and reproducible software defect incident reports.
- Thoroughly verify development fixes at the code and functional levels.
- Decide go / no go for production releases.
- Collaborate with business experts to define business requirements.
- Become a subject matter expert for your product.
- Collaborate with Development and Operations to facilitate continuous delivery of software.
- Participate in incident management.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues and researching root cause.
- Continuous reevaluation of what to test.
- Communicate effectively with other members of the QA team, the development team, other departments and managers.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
- 3+ years of direct hands-on experience as a Software Test Engineer
- Industry experience in testing large scale enterprise web based software products
- Experience with test automation of back end and low level systems
- Experience in context-based, exploratory or scenario testing
- Experience collaborating with developers and stakeholders
- 1+ year scripting experience
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Scrum
- Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers rather than waiting for tasks to be assigned to you.
- Proven self-motivation to learn new skills and develop professionally
- Courage to learn, ask questions and ask for help
Manager or Sr. Manager, Strategy
Overview: Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Bankrate Insurance is the leading online comparison shopping and lead generation solution for the insurance industry. Bankrate Insurance is committed to creating innovative, best in class solutions for our customers and insurance partners for insurance marketing. As part of this effort, we are looking for a dynamic candidate to drive the analysis, development and implementation for key initiatives across Bankrate Insurance. Representative projects include:
- Identifying short term and long term strategic plan for the company
- Identifying and quantifying new market opportunities
- Developing analytical approaches to solving business questions and tackling challenges
This role will be ideally suited to the successful professional who is looking to move into a corporate strategy role in the beautiful city of Denver, Co.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the development of the companies short and long term strategic plan, including, but not limited to 2-year plans, budgets, and forecasts
- Act as an internal consultant on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Drive the analytics for the organization and identify opportunities to improve financial results
- Prepare executive level presentations to share with leadership; including CEO, CFO and Board of Directors
- Responsible for synthesizing disparate pieces of data
- Top tier undergraduate degree required; MBA or equivalent advanced degree a benefit
- 3 years of consulting or internal consulting at a mid-sized or large public company highly desired
- Must demonstrate ability to develop and pursue strategic analyses
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to function and make recommendations with limited information
Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) is the Web's leading aggregator of financial rate information, offering an unparalleled depth and breadth of rate data and financial content. Bankrate continually surveys approximately 4,800 financial institutions in all 50 states in order to provide clear, objective, and unbiased rates to consumers.
Our flagship Web site, Bankrate.com, provides free rate information to consumers on more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used automobile loans, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. In addition to rate data, we publish original and objective personal finance stories to help consumers make informed financial decisions.
Our staff of award winning reporters and editors provides expert advice on just about every major financial decision facing our readers: from purchasing their first home, to selecting a new car, to saving for retirement.